- Don’t use cardboard storage boxes which may attract silverfish, cockroaches and other pests which may then attract the spiders to investigate further.
- Keep all firewood tidy and stacked and away from your house.
- Check the exterior of your home by brooming & brushing any noticeable cobwebs down.
- Diffuse essential oils in your home quite regular, Spiders don’t like strong scents such as peppermint which is quite pleasant for us. Other oils which are a winner are tea tree lavender, eucalyptus & lemon.
Marine Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control was invited to quote to clean all upholstery and carpets and do the pest control upon the 110 ft. superyacht the ‘Relentless’ which was recently moored up at the Gold Coast City Marina. Having liaised with the skipper, engineer and stewardess aboard this fabulous yacht, we recommended a plan of which areas would be best to clean first to suit the drying process and at the same time working around the crew.
This resulted in a flawless clean of all the carpets and upholstery inside and out on this beautiful yacht. External upholstery lounge suites and cushions on the upper decks were cleaned first with the hot water extraction process, removing all marks blemishes and odours from the upholstery furniture. With so many external cushions to be cleaned, this was vital these were cleaned first to be able to have the time to dry off on the very top open deck area.
Next up…the upholstery clean. These were lounge suites from the middle deck and upper deck lounge. These lounge suites were the focal point of the rooms with so much charm and sophistication. Cleaning of the upholstery brought the furniture back to life looking splendid and feeling healthy for the next guests to see and relax in. The final part of this beautiful clean was the cream carpets in the two large living areas, bedrooms, corridors, 2 x flights of stairs and not forgetting the cabin crew areas below deck.
The carpets and upholstery came up looking absolutely superb, clean and fresh, which resulted in receiving glowing feedback from the onboard crew.
Don’t forget the control of pests – pest control gels were used in areas to prevent the possibility of pests entering the yacht when docked at ports or when taking on new packages of food and/or luggage. Here at Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control, we take pride in all our Marine cleaning contracts, striving to do the best job possible while also working with the owners or crew to coordinate a perfect outcome every time.
Looking after your investment is paramount, having your carpets and upholstery looking clean, fresh and healthy for your next guests or customers on board is priceless! Call Mark on 0431 836 551 today to have your pride and joy looking superb.
Affordable ~ Honest ~ Reliable
Carpet vacuum maintenance. A great looking carpet is perhaps one of the best interior addition you can make to your home or business. Straight away you add a finishing touch and warmth to any living room or bedroom and even an office. BUT, this investment needs loving and attention to keep them in their best appearance, you need to invest adequate time and effort in carpet cleaning and vacuuming the carpets to prolong the carpets life span. A lot of people seem to think that leaving the carpet to fend for itself will not have any consequences. Unfortunately, that is not true. Even a rug can almost hold its weight in dust unless adequately taken care of and cleaned. Here are a few ways that you can extend the life of your carpets and rugs.
- Frequent vacuuming – a lot of people think vacuuming is unnecessary and mostly a waste of time. This type of carpet cleaning, however, is essential for keeping surface dust and dirt to a minimum, thus limiting the access of solid particles to the fibres. The ideal frequency of vacuuming depends on the use of the carpet. An excellent general guideline you can follow is twice a week and is the best way to improve the appearance of carpets and also reduce the overall amount of allergens that may develop in the fibres.
Vacuum cleaning has the potential to prolong the life of your carpet, and it is the easiest method for carpet maintenance you can do by yourself.
- Have the carpet professionally cleaned by Mark at Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control even if you are regular in your efforts, you will still need to have the carpet cleaned by IICRC accredited professionals every now and then. With the Hot Water extraction method you can be rest assured the carpet will be deep cleaned and sanitised and heathier for you and your family or work colleagues.
- Don’t let dirt track inside – to prolong the life of your carpet; you can limit the amount of dust and dirt that ends up inside your home. The best way to do this is to place a mat at the front door for people to wipe their shoes off. Even ask your visitors to leave their shoes at the front door.
- Don’t let stains linger on the carpet; Another way to preserve your carpet is to address stains as soon as possible. The more they sit, the harder they become to remove. It is also essential to address such issues, in the correct manner by only blotting and not rubbing them. Ensure the stain removal product you want to use is safe for your carpet before you apply it.
By following these cleaning tips, you can bet your carpet will remain in a good condition for a long time to come. A clean tidy fresh looking carpet speaks volumes on first appearance for visitors.
Affordable ~ Honest ~ Reliable
Accidents happen! “How do I remove paint spills from my carpet” Paint can be the most damaging of stains to your beautiful carpets and following the tips given today from Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control on learning how to remove paint from your investment is a must. A customer of ours in Arundel had this dilemma only last week. Whenever you’ve accidentally spilled paint on your carpet please act straightaway, if you have the chance to clean the paint from your carpet while its wet there is a better chance of removing the stain, but if the paint is already dry there is an increased possibility that your carpet fibre may be damaged and almost impossible to remove. The following tips on how to remove paint from carpet, I believe, are of great help if you are in this situation;
- Firstly always read and follow the instructions given on the cleaning products you’re going to use and test first on a small area to make sure there is no negative impact from using the products you have.
Tips for Water Based Paints.
- Water based paints can just be easily removed by using soapy water and simply blotting with a paper towel to dry.
- Remove excess water based paint off the surface of the carpet, by using a spoon or dull knife to scrape off the top excess paint. You may also use a white cloth/paper towel to blot and absorb the excess water based paint up and away from the carpet.
- By using a damp wet sponge using a blotting action over the area, in doing so work from the outer part of the stain to inner part of the area on question.
- Prepare a dishwashing solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of mild dishwashing detergent and a cup of warm water together.
- Now you can blot this stained area with this solution using either a damp sponge or white damp cloth.
- Repeat the procedure until no trace of paint can be seen.
- Rinse with water then blot to dry with a new clean cloth.
Tips for Oil Based Paints
- Oil based paints are a bit harder to remove compared to water based paints since oil based paints cannot be removed by just applying water and a detergent. The best solvent to use on oil based paint is a dry cleaning solvent.
- Pour a little bit of dry cleaning solution on the affected area.
- With a damp cloth blot or dab the area again doing so from outer part of the stain working inward’s.
- Spray the area lightly with your detergent solution then blot the area to absorb the solution. This time, the paint should be removed.
- Rinse the carpet by spraying or pouring some water then blot to absorb the moisture.
Avoid spreading the paint stain by just blotting and blotting, never ever rub the area in question. Hot water extraction techniques used by Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control is the best way to have your carpets looking clean, fresh and healthier again. Remember, if the paint is already dry its better to call Mark on 0431 836 551 to assist to remove this paint mark from your carpets.
Affordable ~ Honest ~ Reliable
Tips on removing 4 common make-up stains from carpets
You’re in a hurry, and accidentally you knock over your make-up bag! Make-up goes everywhere; foundation, eye shadow, lip stick all onto your beautiful carpets. Yikes panic sets in, there is nothing worse than make-up stains…especially on carpet!
This is what happened to one of my customers in the Gold Coast this week. She had makeup on her light coloured bedroom carpet, she quickly phoned me and I was able to talk her through a quick home remedy until I could get there and professionally remove the make-up stains.
Top four valuable tips to help you with those annoying makeup accidents before you call the professionals
Firstly, act as soon as possible. If you see any excess make-up on the surface of the carpet, carefully scrape up as much of the make-up as possible with a cloth or even a kitchen spoon or knife, gently caressing the product up off the carpet.
- Eye-liner or mascara use one cup of warm water with approximately ¼ teaspoon of washing up liquid.
- Nail polish use a no fragrance and non-acetone nail polish remover on a cotton wool ball or bud.
- Liquid Foundation use the 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (remember though, if you are in doubt about whether it could bleach the stain in certain materials, always try a sample spot that isn’t readily visible, like a wardrobe carpet).
- Lipstick try rubbing a small amount of alcohol or white laundry detergent mixed with water on the stain.
I am almost certain you will find all these items to use in your home.
Add a small amount of the chosen solution, relevant to the stain, to a clean white cloth or paper towel. You’ll want to make sure the cloth is damp but don’t soak it. Firmly blot the stain to lift as much of the makeup residue out of the carpet as possible.
Please DO NOT rub and NEVER use a circular motion when attempting to remove stains as it can destroy the texture of the carpet. Just gently, in a small area at a time, BLOT the stain with the damp cloth, hopefully, you will see results straight away.
Carpet stains still visible?
If there is still some stain on the carpet and blotting is not removing it, then moisten the tufts in the stained area using the 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let it stand for about an hour then blot and repeat until carpet is stain free. Don’t forget, light will cause peroxide to change back to water so no rinsing is necessary. You could apply a pad of paper towels and weigh it down with something heavy to remove excess moisture.
My tips above can be helpful in any makeup stain emergency. However please remember: carpets and rugs with natural fibres or dyes may require special treatment. Always read and follow the care instructions and any warnings provided by the carpet manufacturer.
If in doubt please contact Mark at Evolution Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control for advice/service.
Over the last few weeks, Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control has been busy with Upholstery Cleaning in Hope Island and surrounding areas.
One lady in Helensvale phoned to discuss upholstery cleaning for her 5 year old fabric lounge suite. She was initially unsure of professional upholstery cleaning due to the cost and time scale. I understood and explained, that when you buy the perfect lounge suite for your home, you are not only investing a large amount of money, but you are looking to create the ideal look, you try and take care of your expensive furniture as best you can, but daily living will cause damage to it over time.
Upholstery cleaning can often feel like a major burden. The process itself including the additional drying time makes it feel like a laborious task that keeps getting put off. But unclean upholstery doesn’t just look bad, they can also harbor germs, parasites and dust that can make you ill.
There is a common misconception that if you have a dirty, stained lounge suite you can save money by cleaning them yourself with rented equipment. The truth is, by the time you rent the equipment, purchase the necessary upholstery cleaning solutions and add in your time and effort, you are probably losing money and you may still be unsatisfied with the result.
My client in Helensvale went ahead with the professional upholstery cleaning on her 5 seater lounge suite with chaise and could not believe the results.
At Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control we would always recommend upholstery cleaning every 12 months to keep the clean, fresh and healthier look and prolong the life of the fabric or leather. Obviously, if you spill anything that could stain, upholstery cleaning should be carried out immediately.
Have a look at the before and after photos of this Helensvale based customer and see the beautifully cleaned lounge suite for yourself.
Call Mark on 0431836551 or contact us here.
Do You Have Carpet And Rug Stains?
It’s always the case, you take every precaution to protect your carpets and rugs in the hope that no accidents or carpet and rug stains will occur. It seems whatever is not supposed to get on the carpet always does! Juice, chewing gum, chocolate, pet stains or finger-painting/play-doh from your little ones!
At Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control we have the expertise and the knowledge needed to make short work of any carpet or rug situation.
Stains on light coloured carpets or rugs are even more frustrating as they stand out like a sore thumb. Whilst using a carpet cleaning specialist to professionally remove the stains, we have some tips you can do yourself while you wait for Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control to come to the rescue!
A tip for a Carpet & Rug Stains: Have you ever spilt wine, coffee, tea or juice on your carpet or rug? Always gently blot the stain with a dry, clean towel/paper towel, NEVER rub the stain. You can try a mixture of 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp of washing up liquid and fill with water in a spray bottle. Spray the area liberally over the stain and let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes, then blot with a clean, dry towel until stain is removed. Please be careful of stain removal products, they can be of great benefit for combating many types of stains but please read and follow the instructions on the product and be sure to treat a very small area of the carpet or rug first so there is no reaction or negative impact from using any of these products.
My client, in Hope Island, had just this, cream coloured carpets and various stains including coffee stains and play doh. It proved too difficult to remove by home remedies, they were just not enough to get the carpet stain free. The professionals at Evolution Group Carpet Clean and Pest Control are experts at removing carpet and rug stains caused by any substance, however, that said, not all stains are removable! We are confident in saying that if we can’t remove the stain, then it is permanent, and it is highly unlikely anyone will be able to remove it without causing more damage to the carpet.
Take a look at the before and after photo below – another very happy customer in Hope Island!
Carpet Clean in Hope Island – Before and after photos!
Carpet Stains and Soils on Carpets & Rugs
We at Evolution Group truly believe in regular care and maintenance can extend the life of your carpet. Whether your carpet is made from wool or synthetic fibre, the basic steps of carpet care involve frequent vacuuming, acting on spills immediately, and regular professional carpet cleaning to help to avoid stains.
Our Hope Island customer phoned me last week in a panic. Her Hope Island rental home was being vacated and the current tenants had spilled coffee over the carpet. They had tried to clean it up with dishwashing detergent but the stain was still present.
We recommend not to clean any stains with dishwashing detergent or any other domestic cleaning product. Many household detergents are made from grease or fat, so when products like these are used on carpet fibre and not extracted or removed correctly, they act like a magnet by attracting more dirt and grime.
Stains and Soils on Carpets & Rugs.
To prevent a spill from soaking and becoming a stain is to remove immediately.
• Scoop up any solid matter from the spill,
• Blot up, never rub or brush, as much of the spill with a white towel or even paper towels, always working from edge to centre
• Treat the area with a stain remover product or,
• Use a homemade cleaning solution. (a drop of clear dish soap and a cup of lukewarm water).
Certain types of carpet fibres are more prone to staining than others. Nylon, for example, is a highly absorbent fibre, and so must be protected with a stain treatment. Whereas polyester being less absorbent, allows more opportunity for a spill to be cleaned up before a stain can set in.
So what is soiling your carpet?
Soiling is the result of a residue or oily substance on the carpet fibres, which then attract dirt particles. A residue can be left behind by a spot treatment product or a sticky spill that wasn’t fully removed or rinsed. Also by not wearing socks or slippers, the oils from our skin can transfer to the carpet fibres and start an accumulation of dirt particles.
Modern day carpets are designed to hide soil, through the design of the fibre or the colour. This hidden soil damages carpet fibres. We recommend to remove it effectively is by having the carpet professionally cleaned regularly. Just like your clothing, your car, and your home, your carpets needs regular cleaning to help it look and perform its best. Regular care will not only keep your carpet looking fresh, healthy and new, but can actually add years to its life.
Please note; there are many other stains which should be left to a professional carpet cleaner these include: Paint, nail polish, oil, tar, varnish, adhesive, rust, old stains, ink, medicines and dyes.
For free advice on the removal of stains please don’t hesitate to ring Mark on 0431 836 551. Quite often we have been able to help customers over the phone with what to do till we can get there.