Accidents happen! “How do I remove paint spills from my carpet” Paint can be the most damaging of stains to your beautiful carpets and following the tips given today from Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control on learning how to remove paint from your investment is a must. A customer of ours in Arundel had this dilemma only last week. Whenever you’ve accidentally spilled paint on your carpet please act straightaway, if you have the chance to clean the paint from your carpet while its wet there is a better chance of removing the stain, but if the paint is already dry there is an increased possibility that your carpet fibre may be damaged and almost impossible to remove. The following tips on how to remove paint from carpet, I believe, are of great help if you are in this situation;
- Firstly always read and follow the instructions given on the cleaning products you’re going to use and test first on a small area to make sure there is no negative impact from using the products you have.
Tips for Water Based Paints.
- Water based paints can just be easily removed by using soapy water and simply blotting with a paper towel to dry.
- Remove excess water based paint off the surface of the carpet, by using a spoon or dull knife to scrape off the top excess paint. You may also use a white cloth/paper towel to blot and absorb the excess water based paint up and away from the carpet.
- By using a damp wet sponge using a blotting action over the area, in doing so work from the outer part of the stain to inner part of the area on question.
- Prepare a dishwashing solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of mild dishwashing detergent and a cup of warm water together.
- Now you can blot this stained area with this solution using either a damp sponge or white damp cloth.
- Repeat the procedure until no trace of paint can be seen.
- Rinse with water then blot to dry with a new clean cloth.
Tips for Oil Based Paints
- Oil based paints are a bit harder to remove compared to water based paints since oil based paints cannot be removed by just applying water and a detergent. The best solvent to use on oil based paint is a dry cleaning solvent.
- Pour a little bit of dry cleaning solution on the affected area.
- With a damp cloth blot or dab the area again doing so from outer part of the stain working inward’s.
- Spray the area lightly with your detergent solution then blot the area to absorb the solution. This time, the paint should be removed.
- Rinse the carpet by spraying or pouring some water then blot to absorb the moisture.
Avoid spreading the paint stain by just blotting and blotting, never ever rub the area in question. Hot water extraction techniques used by Evolution Group Carpet Cleaning and Pest Control is the best way to have your carpets looking clean, fresh and healthier again. Remember, if the paint is already dry its better to call Mark on 0431 836 551 to assist to remove this paint mark from your carpets.
Affordable ~ Honest ~ Reliable